Someone decided to make a list of all the natural disasters from Sept. 11 – Oct. 11, just to see IF natural disasters are increasing with time. Of course, one month is not proof, but I was AMAZED at how many there were. Also…. the list includes armed conflicts.
September 11-October 11 disasters and Conflicts
- 11 Sep 2023 – 6.8 EQ hits Morocco – at least 2,900 people
- 4 Sep – 12 Sep – Storm Daniel hits Libya – more than 11,000 confirmed dead, thousands still mission
- 16 Sep 330 foot high wall of water megatsunami hits Greenland, caused by a landslide within a fjord.
- 21 Sep – Extratropical cyclone in southern Brazil
- 21 Sep – First snow in Utah mountains – one month earlier than usual
- Gujaret, India flooded
- Aquito and Abiko, Japan, flooded – 10 inches of rain in 2 hours
- Remnants of Hurricane Nigel hits western England massive flooding
- Taif, Mecca Saudi Arabia flooded. Kabaa damaged beyond repair
- Sweden and Finland get 12 inches of snow, one month earlier than normal
- Tornado’s hit East China Siquan and Jiansu provinces
- China Yellow River floods collapsing houses – massive destruction
- Gore, New Zealand 5.6
- Raoshun, Taiwan flooding
- Hurricane Lee – Damage along east coast of USA and Canada
- Bangkok, Thailand – unprecedented flooding
- Tidal waves hit the South African coast 50% of the entire coastline suffers damage
- 22 Sep – Milan, Rho, Pregana Lomgardo Italy, Tornadoes, hail, flooding, buildings destroyed
- 23 Sep – Kalimanton, Indonesia, flooding
- Munich, Germany 140 Km winds, floods
- Hurricane Ophelia batters East coast USA
- 24 Sep – Naqpar, in central India – flooding
- Chonqqing China 3 Gorges dam and more flooding along the Yellow River
- Accra, Ghana – flooding
- 25 Sep – Cape Town, Palmiet River South Africa, flooding
- Circular hurricane type storm from the Pacific over Washington and Oregon
- Giant hail in Turkey
- Baseball size hail in Austin, Texas, thousands of cars damaged
- 27 Sep – Volvos Greece “washed into the sea” by storm Elias
- Vietnam entire central Quangtri region under water
- Brazil, super cyclone, Porto Allegro and Santa Ria inundated.
- 28 Sep – Ireland and UK hit by storm Agnes, more floods and damaged buildings and cars
- Electrical fire at Iraqi wedding 90 deadTsunami like waves his Barrado Ribeiro and 60 other port side towns of Brazil
- 29 Sep – Golf ball size hail hits central Texas
- Istanbul Turkey Flooded
- New York Bronx under water, massive damage to basement apartments
- 3 Oct – Bermuda flooded
- 4.0 EQ in Naples, Italy, poor construction, lots of damaged, collapsed buildings
- 100,000+ Armenians living in Azerbaijan, flee for their lives from war
- 4 Oct – 5.7 EQ in Nepal
- 6.6 – 8 EQ in Japan
- 6.5 EQ in Philippines
- EQ 4.0 in Naples Italy, fears that nearby Campi Flegrei volcano is ready to erupt,
- boiling water in the streets. Numerous quakes in recent days.
- Midland Texas, Hail storm, damage
- Collapse of the Teesta III dam in In the Himalayan mountains in India, creating a 330
- foot “tsunami” 70 confirmed dead, dozens missing
- 5 Oct – 210 MPH winds from typhoon Koinu hit Pingtung, Taiwan
- Sicily, Italy over 100 MPH winds, rain, hail and destruction
- Can Jiang, China – Dam burst
- 6 Oct – Saurajima volcano, Japan eruption
- 7 Oct – Hamas attacks Southern Israel 2-5,000 missiles, at least 300 hundred dead, thousands injured. Israel begins retaliation.
- S Europe hit with another hurricane force storm, rain, flooding, tornadoes
- 6.0 – Japan followed by a tsunami to the mainland and Izu and Bonin Islands
- Three 6.5 EQ’s in Herat, Afghanistan, at least 2000 dead
- Two 7.0 EQ’s in Madang, Papua, New Guinea
- 6.0 Mexico City, Mexico
- Giant hail storm in Akhiser, Turkey
- Volcano eruption of Mt Merapi on Java
- 8 Oct – Hamas/Israel war 700 Israeli citizens killed, 400 Palestinians killed
- Russian cyber-attack on Israel
- Santa Catarina, Brazil flooded, homes washed away. Flooding and 124 KM winds in
- Maringa, Brazil, Rio Do Sul also under water. 54 cities in a state of emergency.
- 9 Oct – Acapulco Mexodo hit by tropical storms Lida and Max, flash flooding, house collapses,
- high winds etc
- Hamas/ Israel war, Israeli’s dead over 1,000, including babies who were decapitated.
- Rocket barrages continue from Gaza. Palestinians dead 830 civilian (1,500 Palestinians
- soldiers bodies, who infiltrated Israel, have been killed and bodies recovered.)Massive wildfire approaching Villa Carolo Paz. Argentina
- 10 October – Japan EQ and tsunami
- Slovakia EQ 5.0
- Storm in Sicily, 240 Km winds
- Kashmir snow. Thousands of houses buried.
- 7.0 EQ centered near Sapporo, Japan
- 11 Oct – Cat 4 hurricane Lidia hits Azota, Mexico 125 mph winds
- Volcano Mt Sinabung, Indonesia erruption
- EQ 7+ near Luzon Philppines
- 2 more 6.7 EQ’s in Madang, Papua New Guinea
- 5. EQ in Domasi, Slovakia
Would you “like” to try out some natural medicines? This is a great place to start.
20+ Herbal Tincture Recipes (for Homemade Herbal Medicine)
It’s time to move the lettuce garden from the north side of the house around to full sun in the backyard. This week we are still in the 80’s. I’m waiting until the weather cools off a little to go out and do some pruning of blackberries and other plants.
I opened some flour that I vacuum-sealed in 2013. It smells fine, but there is just something about the texture. I’m not sure I like it. I “want” to use it, but…….. I tossed it. I didn’t want to be thinking about it every time I made something.
THIS WEEK’S PURCHASE: – wheat
I checked the price at our local Home Storage Center and they offer both hard white wheat and hard red wheat. I “think” you can buy single #10 cans for about $6-7. If not, you can buy cases for $40-$42. Each can contains 10-11 c. wheat or about 5 pounds. Home storage centers are owned and operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. They are open to the public. For a list of locations, follow this link: https://providentliving.churchofjesuschrist.org/food-storage/home-storage-center-locations-map?lang=eng
So what is the difference between red wheat and white wheat, check out this article:
The Difference Between Red And White Wheat or if you’d rather watch a video: youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=EH0s5N7FkPs
Ten cans or 50 pounds is a good start.
MISC. PURCHASE: All baking supplies are on sale for the holidays now. Pick up some powdered sugar this week.
FOOD STORAGE RECIPES:
Cooking With Dehydrated Potato Slices
Start with about 2 c. potatoes
Add about 2 TB of whatever seasoning you are using: dried cheese, onion powder, garlic powder,, dry ranch, etc
Add parsley or other herbs
- 1 heaping TB of cornstarch. If you leave this out, the sauce will not thicken.
- 2 TB butter
- 1 c. milk
- 2 c. hot water.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 -40 min. OR microwave for 20 min.
Here is another recipe for scalloped potatoes
Yields 4 servings
Preheat oven to 350˚
- 3 c. dehydrated potato slices – put in casserole dish
In a small bowl, combine
- 1/4 c. milk powder
- 2 TB flour
- 2 TB cornstarch
- 2 tsp onion flakes or 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 TB dried chives
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Heat 2 3/4 c. water and
3 TB butter Whisk into flour and spices. Pour over potato slices. OR you can whisk the water in first and cut butter in small pieces and put over top of potatoes
Bake 40-45 min.
Want a richer mix? Add and extra 1/2 – 1 c. milk
Adjust water to make sauce thinner or thicker
Sprinkle with grated cheese on top before putting it in the oven.
Chicken and Barley Chili
Makes 10 1-cup servings so plan accordingly
- 1 can Italian diced tomatoes. I usually use regular diced tomatoes and add 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 16-oz jar/can Salsa or tomato sauce – use salsa for spicier version
- 1 can 14.5 oz chicken broth
- 1 c. Quaker Quick Barley – you can use regular barley (just boil a little longer)
- 3 c. water
- 1 TB chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
In a large pot, combine the first 7 ingredients. Simmer for 20-30 min to cook barley. Stir occasionally.
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces and boiled (or use canned chicken) – boil in a separate pan.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
Add the chicken, beans, and corn to the pot. Simmer for another 5-10 min.
toppings: cheddar cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips